This public forum exploring The Possibilities for a Public Bank in Seattle was held December 10, 2014 at University Temple United Methodist Church in Seattle. It covers introductory information on public banking, featuring public banking models in Germany, North Dakota, and beyond, and explores options for establishing a public bank in Seattle. It includes high quality presentations by
- Wayne Lau, Executive Director of Rainier Valley Community Development Fund
- Sen. Bob Hasegawa, WA State 11th Legislative District
- Nick Licata, Seattle City Councilmember
- Karl Beitel, Director, Public Bank Project
- Thomas Keidel, Federation of German Banks, and
- Gwendolyn Hallsmith, Public Banking Institute
A brief question and answer session with the audience follows.